Your skills will include:
- Reading and working from plans and specifications.
- Sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials.
- Using mortar to serve as a base and binder for bricks in rows, designs or shapes to create structures.
- Repairing and maintaining clay bricks, cement blocks / bricks and related structures.
- Operating brick cutting machines.
- Erecting scaffolding (subject to licence requirements in some stages).
Bricklayers get to see their work for years to come, which is very satisfying and is something they can be proud of!
To download the Build your career - Bricklaying brochure click HERE